Algo Vote tool allows DAO's ("decentralized autonomous organizations") to create and deploy a "permissioned" voting system.
The deployer of the voting system:
- • Creates a new Algorand Standard Asset (ASA) or "token", or inputs the index of an existing ASA
- • Deploys a "smart contract" that only allows 1 vote per address and only authorizes that vote when the specified token is transfered from the voter to the creator address
- • Transfers the created tokens to the voters
- • Integrates the generated widget code onto their website of choice
- • "Opts in" to the ASA
- • Waits for receipt of the ASA
- • "Opts in" to the voting smart contract
- • Transfers the token back to the creator along with an "app call" that specifies the voting option
- • May cancel the vote at any time by deleting the app or "smart contract"
- • Can re-use the voting token is a subsequent vote